The Legacy Vision and Mission is to provide a Christ-Centered, College prep education, and to partner with parents in developing Christian character and noble deeds that students apply to make a difference in the world and to reach their God-given destinies summarized by "Christ Curriculum Character"
Parker Uniforms: 3863 Stagg Dr. 838-5019Dress Code Modesty of dress and appropriateness of overall appearance will be left to the discretion of the administration. The Administrators and Director of Student Services reserve the right to address inappropriate appearance that may not fall precisely within the dress code requirements. For example bright pink, purple, blue streaking of the hair is not appropriate. Students are expected to meet the dress code at all times. The students’ dress should reflect pride in their school and respect for themselves. Enforcement of the dress code, like all other disciplinary matters, is based on cooperation between students, parents, and the school. The school, however, is the final authority on dress code and other discipline issues. If, in the opinion of the school, a student’s dress is inappropriate, a parent may be called and required to bring an acceptable outfit to the school.
All clothing should be clearly marked with the student’s name. The school cannot be responsible for articles left at the school. Unclaimed clothes will be put in “Lost & Found” in the gym. Clothes not picked up by the end of each semester will be used for other purposes at the discretion of the school.
Chapel Dress Uniforms Chapels are scheduled on Wednesday of each week. The following clothing is considered acceptable for Chapel Day or other important days when the school requires “standard dress uniform” or “chapel wear.” Such days may include, but are not limited to funerals, days when school is receiving special visitors, or days when students are representing our school at community functions. Only a plain white t-shirt or white camisole is to be worn under uniform and/or dress shirts.
- Required Girls Chapel Dress Uniform:
a. Plaid Pleated Skirt (minimum length is 2" above knee when kneeling)
b. White monogrammed button-down blouse (short, long or ¾ sleeve) (Note: only Parker ¾ sleeve blouse may be worn out-tucked under vest)
c. Navy ‘spanky’ or bike-style shorts are optional wear under skirt
d. Options to Chapel Dress for girls: Navy monogrammed sweater, Navy Monogrammed zip-up fleece.
e. Monogrammed sweater vest
2. Required Boys Chapel Dress Uniform:
a. Khaki pants (flat front or pleated)
b. White monogrammed button-down oxford shirt (Only a white t-shirt or a white came may be worn under the uniform shirt)
d. Options to Chapel Dress for boys: Navy monogrammed vest, Navy monogrammed sweater, Navy monogrammed zip-up fleece.
e. Sweatshirts and hoodies are not allowed on Chapel Days.
Campus Wear All students shall be required to wear “Campus Wear” on all days except Chapel Days and Casual Days. Campus wear is optional on Casual day. Campus Wear may be purchased from the vendor of your choice, but must meet the design and color requirements and meet the guidelines as follows:
1. Girls Campus Wear:
a. Khaki Skirt (minimum length is 2" above knee when kneeling)
b. Plaid Pleated Skirt (minimum length is 2" above knee when kneeling)
c. Plaid Straight/Flat Front Skort (minimum length is 2" above knee when kneeling)
d. Khaki Pants
e. Monogrammed Polo shirts: white or navy
f. Navy monogrammed pullover sweater and/or vest
g. Navy monogrammed zip-up fleece
h. Navy monogrammed pullover sweatshirt, hoodie, or zip-up sweatshirt
i. Solid black or blue colored coordinated leggings
2. Boys Campus Wear:
a. Khaki Pants or Shorts (no cargo or painter’s pants, no drawstrings knee or waist)
b. Monogrammed button-down oxford shirts: white, light blue, or white/blue stripe
c. Monogrammed polo shirts: white, navy
d. Navy monogrammed pullover sweater and/or sweater vest
e. Navy monogrammed pullover sweatshirt, hoodie, or zip-up sweatshirt
f. Navy monogrammed zip-up fleece
g. Long sleeve monogrammed polo
3. Senior Privilege: Seniors have the option of wearing a monogrammed red polo shirt. This option is reserved for seniors only.
4. Miscellaneous Information for Everyone:
a. Button-down oxford shirts must be tucked in. Polo shirts may be worn untucked.
b. Belts must be worn with all clothing that has belt loops.
c. Traditional beige colored khaki is to be worn (no green khaki, brown khaki, or bleached khaki).
d. Only a plain (no print) white t-shirt or white cami may be worn under any uniform shirt.
e. A uniform shirt must be worn under all sweatshirts, hoodies and jackets.
Casual Wear On Fridays and/or other days set by the Student Council; students are free to make independent clothing choices which conform to the following guidelines:
1. Modesty: All clothing must follow Biblical guidelines for modesty.
a. Polo shirts, T-shirts, button-down shirts and sweatshirts may be worn
b. No tank tops, sleeveless shirts, or halter tops may be worn.
c. Tops must be modest and show no cleavage, underwear, or midriff at any times.
d. Shirts cannot be sheer or see-through nor may shirts be sleeveless.
e. No shirt can have logos or designs which violate Biblical morality standards (e.g. advertising sexual immorality, alcohol, tobacco, ungodly lifestyle-which includes people/groups/organizations, etc.) nor may they have other public school names or logos.
f. All shirts must be buttoned to the point where no cleavage shows.
g. Sweatshirts: may have hoods, but hoods may be used only when outdoors.
h. Sweaters and sweatshirts: must extend below waistband of pants/skirt tops and not show midriff when arms are raised.
a. Pant and jean styles can be any color, with or without pockets. No cargo or painter style pants are permitted.
b. All pants must be appropriately sized for waist and length and worn at the waist.
c. No sagging or slabbing is permitted.
d. No pants with draw strings, elastic waist bands, holes, slits, rips, tears, intentional cuts, or manufactured cuts/holes or excessive fraying or “distressing” can be worn to school.
e. Warm-up, wind, or any type of athletic pant will not be allowed in the classroom during school hours unless it is part of a team uniform and everyone on the team is wearing the pant on Friday only.
f. Sweat pants are not permitted to be worn.
a. Boys’ shorts can be any color, with or without pockets, but no cargo or painter style shorts
b. At no time can underwear or top of buttocks show out of top of shorts or bottom hem of shorts.
c. All shorts must be appropriately sized for waist, hips and length, and must be worn at the waist. Short length should not extend beyond the knee.
d. No sagging or slabbing is permitted.
e. No shorts with draw strings or elastic bands, holes, rips, slits, tears, intentional cuts, or manufactured cuts/holes or excessive fraying or distressing can be worn to school.
f. Sweat shorts are not permitted to be worn.
Accessories and Optional Wear:
1. Monograms: If you purchase chapel or campus wear from stores other than Parker Uniform Company, you must have items monogrammed using the same font, color or thread, letter size and monogram design as used by Parker. All monograms will be placed on the left breast position. This information will be available in the office, as well as a list of local vendors offering monogramming.
2. Outerwear: While in the school building or gym, students must wear designated monogrammed outerwear previously mentioned. If inclement weather requires heavier coats or jackets, they may be only worn outdoors and must conform to biblical principles of modesty and morality. Earned “Lettermen” jackets of Legacy or Cathedral are approved.
3. Team wear: All designs for team shirts, T-shirts, and sweatshirts must follow Legacy guidelines and be approved by administration before produced or worn. Designated approved “team wear” may be worn on Fridays and/or Team Spirit Days pre-approved by the school’s administrator.
4. Warm-ups and Windpants: These may be worn in the classroom only if they are part of a team uniform or expected team wear on a Friday. The entire team must be clothed in the same outfit on the specific day.
5. Shoes: No flip-flops or sandals are to be worn with uniforms. Students must wear shoes that are closed at both toe and heal. Students are required to wear shoes at all times while on school property. On Casual Dress Friday, students may wear flip flops. At no time should a student wear any shoe indoors that is or could be damaging or destructive to the school flooring (e.g. cleats).
6. Hair: All hair should be well groomed, neat, and held back out of the eyes. Boys’ hair on the side of the head should not exceed the bottom of the ear. Hair on the back of the head should not grow past the collar. Hair on the front of the head should not extend below the eyebrows or hang in the eyes. No hairstyle involving shaving of the scalp will be allowed. Side burns are permissible for boys as long as they do not exceed the bottom of the ear. Any other type of facial hair is not permissible. Painted or excessively dyed hair is not acceptable. Hair with bright colored streaks like pink, purple, or blue are not permitted with boys or girls.
7. Headwear: No headwear of any type (caps, hats, handkerchiefs, headbands, etc.) shall be worn during school hours by boys. Young ladies may not wear any type of cap, hat, handkerchief, headband, etc. but they may wear hair accessories as long as they match the school uniform.
8. Skirt length: Minimum skirt length is mid- knee.
Unacceptable Appearances and Clothing:
1. Gang, Cult, Witchcraft, Demonic or Gothic Wear: No clothing choices which may be construed as gang, culty, demonic, or gothic related can be worn at any time while on the school campus or while representing the school off-campus. This means no chalky white facial foundations or powders or black lipstick can be worn. No cult, gang, demonic related signs or symbols can be worn on any piece of clothing or any exposed part of the body at any time. This includes jewelry and other accessories. No caps, hoods, head wraps, handkerchiefs, shirts or T-shirts representing, depicting or advertising any group which participates in the aforementioned activities may be worn. All interpretations of this rule shall be determined by school administration.
2. Body Piercings, Earrings, and Tattoos: Girls are allowed to have pierced ears and wear earrings to school. Boys are not allowed to wear earrings on school property or while representing Legacy Christian Academy in any way as a participant in a co-curricular activity. No nose, tongue, lip, eyebrow, or other piercing or body rings can be worn on school property or while representing Legacy Christian Academy in any way as a fan or as a participant in any school activity. Tattoos must be covered at all times while on school property or while representing Legacy Christian Academy in any way as a spectator or as a participant in any activity. If tattoos are not covered by clothing, they must be covered with a bandage.
Where to Purchase Uniforms:
1. A complete list of required and optional uniform items is available in the main office. It is recommended that uniforms be purchased at Parker Uniform Company, located in Houston, Texas, or purchased on-line at www.parkersu.com. Clothing may also be purchased from other vendors so long as it meets the standards of design and color, and bears the appropriately placed and designed Legacy Christian Academy monogram. Legacy’s Web ID code for Parker Uniforms is: HO011403.
2. If you purchase Chapel or Campus wear from stores other than Parker, you should pay careful attention to the monogram. Monograms from other stores must use the same font, color of thread, letter size and monogram design as used by Parker. All monograms will be placed on the left breast position. This information will be available in the main office, as well as a list of local vendors offering monogramming. Monogramming on Casual wear is not required to meet the same font, color of thread, letter size and monogram design as used by Parker.
Dance Dress Code:
Legacy students and their dates will be expected to dress modestly for dances. Students showing up at a dance with inappropriate clothing will be asked to leave. Extremely bare backs, low fronts, and bare midriffs are not acceptable. Generally, dresses at or below the knee are expected. Thin straps and dresses with no straps are permissible if the overall outfit is modest. If there are any questions about the acceptability of an outfit, students should bring the outfit to school for consultation with administration.
P.E. Uniforms P.E. uniforms consist of a Vegas Gold, Legacy t-shirt and hunter, dark green shorts. The uniform can be purchased at Jubi Prints. Appropriate warm-up suits may be worn for P.E. during cool weather months. Appropriate athletic shoes and white athletic socks are also required.
August 27August 29
Highway Trash Pick-up 9:00am
Root Beer Floats
Elementary Parent Teacher Conferences
See You at the Pole
HoCo Hallway Decorating
Hallway Spirit Dress
Powder Puff Football Game
Twin Spirit Dress
Pajama Spirit Dress
Date Appreciation Day
Movie Character Spirit Dress
Junior Class Dinner
Pep Rally & Bonfire
Warrior Pride Spirit Dress
Homecoming Dinner & Dance