ARTICLES OF FAITH
Legacy is, first and foremost, a Christian educational institution and expects all employees to follow certain precepts of the Christian faith:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in the persons of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and lost: they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of the believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female.
- We believe God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Corinthians 6:18, 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4)
- We believe that acting on any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexuality, bi-sexuality, pornography, or changing one’s biological sex) is prohibited by God in Scripture.
- We do believe that every person should be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect and dignity, and we oppose discrimination based on race, age, gender and nationality.
- We support the sanctity of all human life from the moment of conception to natural death.